My first order with SpreeNow - Aurora&Ariel, Kimchi Queen


    Hello everybody! I received my order from SpreeNow about a year ago and wanted to share my experience. Maybe this'll help you if you're considering using them as well.

I followed Lula's tutorial, but the site was pretty user-friendly itself. I really like the colourful design! SpreeNow has a service fee of 10%, which seems to be around the standard. As my order wasn't particularly expensive, I didn't mind, but it'll probably make a bigger difference when I decide to buy a dress or maybe shoes. 

It shows you the progress of your order. The price of the items is paid upfront, and you choose and pay the shipping after all of your items arrive. They didn't take any photos of the items, what disappointed me a bit, but I suppose they'd be willing to do so if I asked them to. What I find nice is that you have a separate password for completing payments, which adds an extra layer of security.

Only two shipping options were available for me, the standard China Post or PostNL, which was more expensive. In the end, I decided to go with the cheaper option, since there was no estimated shipping time for PostNL & their reviews were pretty bad. It was a good choice, since my package came in a two weeks time! I was pleasantly surprised, but now that I look back, it was only the beginning of the pandemic, which is probably why there was no longer delay. The package was a little beat up, but nothing too bad. I also noticed they marked the price down, and because of that, it wasn't hit by customs. (Note: as of July 1st, the new EU law has come into effect, and now we have to pay VAT for every package, even the cheapest ones... yay :/)

The photos are a bit blurry, since I couldn't wait to open the package~


I have no idea how they stuffed the petti into the packaging - it's so big! Featuring AA's pretty tag.

The petti is real nice! I bought the 60 cm daily wear model from Aurora&Ariel. It's my very first petticoat, so I don't have much experience to tell if it's good, average or bad. It's made of two layers of organza (which are double layers - the fabric is folded at the bottom of the last tier & the two sides are sewn together) and a shorter cotton lining. The amount of poof isn't that big, but it still has a nice shape. There were no stains or loose threads, only some factory smell, which I don't mind much. Can't wait to try it out when I have a proper skirt! My only dress is too short... By the way, it hits me exactly at my knees! I'm 177 cm tall, but my torso is long, so thankfully this length should be enough. I could still pull it to my hips if it were too short.


First try-on. I really like the how there's just enough poof! 

    I'm very happy to finally own a petticoat! Currently it resides in its cardboard box, turned inside out & mushed into a ball :)

The earrings were a little something I found when scouring TaoBao and since I was already doing an order, I thought, why not throw them in? The brand (named Paocai Studio on Tao but their listings say Kimchi Queen?) makes original accessories in really cute designs & I fell in love with this one. They usually release listings with multiple styles which are centered around a certain theme - I remember an Alice one, a winter one or some celestial themed ones - but they offer basic pieces as well. I think their stuff could work for sweet lolitas or anyone who likes cute and interesting designs. If you're one of them, take a look around their shop!

The collection I chose my earrings from. Their designs are usually asymmetrical. Cute, right?

The pair in person! Tried to get a good photo, but it was hard.

Quality-wise, they're like something you could get in... H&M, for instance. There were a few not-perfect parts, but that's expected from the price. Otherwise, the earrings were exactly as pictured - a bit on the longer side and very cute. I think you could even choose whether you wanted a basic hook or a different type of closure.

There were some discolorations... oh well. Can't expect perfection.

With price of 22,80 yuan, they are quite affordable -  at least I thought so, but adding in the shipping fee, they come up to 4,91 EUR, and that's not counting service fee & international shipping! Would I pay this much if I saw them on a rack somewhere in my country? Probably not. Oh well, since I don't spend my money often, I suppose I can afford a little extravagance every once in a while~ and they're so lovely!

In the package was also a little black choker. Later, I confirmed my suspicion that it was in fact a bonus from Kimchi Queen! It's made of cheap lace, so I'm not sure if I'll ever wear it, but still, it was very sweet of them. (Well, if you look at it from afar, it doesn't look that bad...)


The gifted choker!

My final rating for SpreeNow? 4,5/5 - recommend! Shopping with them went well and it's a lot of fun browsing their built-in TaoBao browser. (They even invited me to their affiliate program!) I have another order going on right now, so hopefully I'll be back with another review soon! Thanks for reading (did anyone actually read this? Leave a comment 😊 ).



Comments

Post a Comment